Saturday, June 03, 2006

Online Magazine


On all of my entries, I was typing in the edit html section. Apparently my IQ is below the 100 level. But, I feel so happy. Maybe ignorance is bliss.

Today the issue of online magazines is on the agenda. This topic is great because you do not have to be afraid of conglomerate publishing houses noticing you to get published on the web. You have the freedom of starting your own web page/online periodical. Or you can submit your work to online magazines. One such web based magazine is Vektorika vektorjunkie. This website allows users to submit their vektor based art to the site; the only catch is that they cannot put everyone's piece in the magazine. So their still is some elitism in the process, but you won't know what happens until you try.

This system frees the creators mind to new oultets for artist's to show their work. As for me, I might start littering the world of colorful pieces of paper that have my woodcuts and pencil drawings on them. My only catch would have to be that smehow I incorporate a digital video showcasing my pleasant carnage to the world. I keep writing angrily about digital media, I suppose that stems from the ease of ideas that flow through it. However when I objectively stand back, I notice that it takes an art and patience to write code for programs just as it takes time and an art to carve a piece of wood, or to formulate ideas.

2 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

 
At 4:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home