Friday, June 09, 2006

Digital Television


Little did I know, television can now be output as digital. To me, I still do not know anything further on the matter concerning how digital television works. I do have slim experience in I once watched hi-definition television, and one time I even went to a house that had a tivo. But I do not know if those use digital connections, but I do know that calling it the tube, might not correlate anymore.

The Latin Trade magazine had an article in their sept. 2005 edition, entitled ''Image Makers: Brazil could chart its own course in age of Digital TV." The key points for me in this article were the numbers they through out in accordance with government investment towrds television outlets. The story quoted that Brazil was to invest the equivalent of 26 million dollars just to see which television style is better. The story also was quoted as saying that the industry of digital televison in America, was in the billions as far as marketing and research were concerned.

Bottom line, as someone who wishes to remain fairly imaginative and original, I should quit the television light from hitting my eye for good. Even if you watch educational tv or only sports, the mind altering ads and subliminal messages will get you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home