Friday, June 09, 2006

This One is Introverted


This summer, the big movis of the supposed "blockbuster" events center around movies I have yet to hear about. Although, in my last post I did swear off t.v. but I do enjoy watching strange movies and foreign/independent films. I might still have to hide my 27 inch television in my large expansive closet.

Anyway, last week I did watch a television show that talked about the animated movies coming out this summer. There were too many to mention, and I believe every major and non-major studio was participating. This is fair because of america being a capitalist society and everyone has the right to present. However, due to the enormous influx of digitally animated films, the art is lost and the political message and celebrity voices are coming back with a vengeance. I have only seen toy story and the incredibles to date. And their probably have ben 30 or so digitally animated movies since toy story hit with such a craze. I am not saying that digitally animated films are bad, I am just wondering where the experimental and cell animated films have gone? As an art student, I have seen Luxo Jr. and other early computer based animation, and those people work extremely hard and there is an art to it. I am just upset that one has to spend a lot of time searching on line for outlets of animated films that are not highly advertised on t.v. Some might say that this is good because they are not seeling out, however people these days are so lazy that going out of your way to find a film is troublesome; and I hate to fit in with the times of being lazy and spending money on entertainment that forces you to sit and be lazy, and hopefully you're mind is excercising.

So enough already, every time I gripe about something it usually menas that I wish I were doing it so I should finish these last two posts and go draw on film and create narratives on canvas, but I do not want to copy anybody, do I?

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Jessy said...

hi, your stuff is really interesting, do u ever have just goofy moments, or moments where you are so humbled by life in itself that you are speechless....?what about just being, what about the simple shit....tell me about all that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home