Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sometimes in Shanghai I would aimlessly wander the streets at 5am and take pictures of walls that had paint splattered over graffiti. The paint was generally small, only about 8 to 10 inches on a diagonal. This style started me thinking about layers of color as well as covering over ideas; beginning new ones. Now i have 30 or so pictures of these such scenes and am not sure if i will use the photos or start my own conglomerate of glob.
I could link this doing to the stacking of buildings in shaghai and my reaction to the overwhleming urban jungle, but i can't do that. This is because i hardly looked up, if you did, a gray atmosphere absorbed your emotions. The scenery definitely did bring color out of my palette. I could taste greens and reds and blues, and no0t till a few days ago did i actually swallow any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home